Resident Care Director
Join our team as the Resident Care Director. In this leadership position, you will have responsibility for ensuring that the program is meeting all aspects of the residents' needs. Applicants must have a master's degree in social work, psychology, or counseling from an accredited school. To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and three references to INFO@projecthomeindy.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Resident Care Director (RCD) is responsible for the overall daily care of the residents. This position is a leadership position, but not a direct supervisor role. The RCD will have daily contact with the Care Coordinators to ensure PHI programming is meeting the needs of the residents. The RCD will provide case management to the five families in PHI’s residential program. The position includes, but is not limited to: creating/maintaining treatment plans and empowering residents to achieve self-sufficiency through meeting individual program goals; completing monthly progress reports; meeting weekly with each resident to build rapport and provide case management; communicating with Department of Child Services case managers and probation officers as necessary; assessing rule violations and assigning opportunities for growth; and confirming residents’ weekly schedules. This individual will be responsible for ensuring case plans are followed and that appropriate referrals are made.
- Must be able to articulate the mission, goals, and activities of PHI with passion and enthusiasm. Must have understanding and belief in the ability of teen mothers to achieve self-sufficiency and care for their children.
- Must have master's degree in social work, psychology, or counseling from an accredited school.
- Must have at least two years experience working as a case manager, working with teens or at-risk individuals is a plus.
- Must be well-organized, have good communication skills, and have the ability to work with diverse groups.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and enjoy working in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing the daily living of the residents: weekly programming, ILS, medical, resident care and follow-up, etc.
- Assist the Director of Clinical Programs in arranging and implementing all PHI activities and programs.
- Facilitate resident house meetings two times a month.
- Participate in Clinical Meetings.
- Update Resident Handbook as needed.
- Attend full time Care Coordinator supervision with Director of Clinical Programs once a month.
- Meet with each resident weekly to develop a case plan and assist resident in meeting program goals.
- Communicate with PHI staff regarding any updates or changes to residents’ schedules and care.
- Complete background checks for any visitors requested by residents.
- Oversee residents in obtaining necessary government documents and assistance (i.e. photo ID, social security card, birth certificate, W.I.C., CCDF, etc.)
- Intervene in crisis situations to de-escalate and process incidents.
- Provide role model behavior, support, encouragement, and guidance for residents.
- Responsible for ensuring that residents’ files contain accurate documentation.
- Make appropriate referrals and serve as a broker to client services.
- Transport residents to and from required activities or medical appointments, as needed.
- Assist Director of Clinical Programs in enforcing policies and procedures for daily care or residents.
- Assist residents with daily routines.
- Supervise student interns as needed.